With the number of cases of coronavirus increasing around the UK, We would just like to assure all of our guests and future residents that we are doing all we can to prevent the spread in the best ways we know how.
Sanitiser bottles have been placed throughout the hotel for all guests to use freely.
We have also put in place additional cleaning procedures that will be adhered to by all members of staff on shift and will be under constant monitoring and supervision.
Posters have been placed around the hotel for guest piece of mind and will show all that we are doing to help prevent the spread:
GOVERNMENT LOCK-DOWN FOR NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ANNOUNCEMENT 23.03.20
Due to the governments announcement about non-essential travel and the enforcement of a UK lockdown as of 23/03/20 the Hotel will be closed for business for a minimum of 3 weeks.
For those that are due to stay with us. We will be in touch within the next 48 hours to detail the closure. We are asking all guests to be patient and understanding with the staff during this difficult time.
Rest assured we do still have staff operating throughout the hotel 24 hours a day so if you have any queries please do call us on 01227 263 506.
We will update you within coming weeks if the lock-down and closure extends.
We wish all of our guests and their families remain safe during this crisis.
GOVERNMENT UPDATE 21/03/20
With the recent announcement we will be closing the bar and restaurant as from the end of business on 20/03/20.
We will until further notice still be operating as a hotel.
For those that are due to stay with us during the outbreak, we will be operating under these new procedures:
- vigorous cleaning measures are being implemented throughout the hotel and constant disinfecting of all public areas will continue.
- An updated room service menu will be implemented so that food and beverage will still be available to all guests staying. This will include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- The room service will operate under a no contact delivery system where staff members will place the requested food and drink outside the guests door and knock to let you know it is there.
STAFF CLEANING PROCEDURES
USE DISINFECTANT SPRAY ON THE FOLLOWING SURFACES:
- FRONT DOOR/ LOBBY HANDLES INSIDE AND OUT
- HAND RAIL DOWN THE STAIRS
- ALL PUBLIC HANDLES THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL INCLUDING CONSERVATORY ENTRANCE/ CONNECTING DOORS BETWEEN ROOMS/ DINING ROOM ENTRANCES
- TILL SYSTEM TOUCH SCREENS
- CREDIT CARD MACHINES
- COFFEE MACHINE TOUCH SCREEN
- ALL FRIDGE HANDLES AND DRAWER HANDLES
- TOILET HANDLES ENTRANCE/ CUBICLES INSIDE AND OUT
- WASH BASIN TAPS IN TOILETS
CONSTANT MAINTAINING OF THE ABOVE JOBS NEED TO BE UNDER SUPERVISION BY ALL STAFF MEMBERS ON SHIFT DAILY
ALL STAFF MEMBERS SHOULD WASH THEIR HANDS AFTER ANY HANDLING OF CASH.
Aside from these extra measures and additional cleaning, we are functioning to our regular high standards and operating under normal circumstances.
We ask all guests to make use of sanitiser bottles around the hotel but also think of fellow guests that are also staying at the hotel.
PRE-PAID RESERVATIONS IN REGARDS TO THE OUTBREAK
We understand that this is a worrying time and we are doing our best here at the hotel to be as proactive and accommodating as we can.
Under normal circumstances our pre-paid bookings are Non-refundable and Non-transferrable. However with recent events we are being flexible and allowing these guests on a pre-paid rate to transfer their booking to a later date with no expiration.
We are sorry that this may not be the outcome you were looking for however we are doing our best to operate normally and function efficiently as a business.
Your reservation will be kept on file and be available to you to reschedule at a suitable time that you can make once you feel comfortable to do so.